Friday, August 26, 2011

Hayward Wins

It was an incredible week, the weather held for the most part and the golf was outstanding. This event would not have been possible with the work of all the volunteers and especially the Tournament Chair and Club Captain Chris and Debbie Couch.







Defending Champion Mary Ann Hayward of Aurora, Ont., is the winner of the 2011 Royale Cup Canadian Women’s Senior Championship while Alison Murdoch captures the Super Senior title by one stroke at Whitevale Golf Club, in Whitevale, Ont.







Mary Ann Hayward successfully defended her 2010 title with a final round even-par 72, the low round of the week at this year’s tournament. Hayward, the first round leader, made three birdies on the day en route to a three round tally of 10-over par (77-77-72-226).







“I guess my rounds got better each day. Even though I shot the same score in round one and two I felt I played much better,” said Hayward of her improvement throughout the event. “I hadn’t been playing a lot but I felt like I was able to play my way into it.





Awards ceremony

Tournament Chair Chris Couch and Whitevale Club Captain Debbie Couch with 2011 Royale Cup Winner Mary Ann Hayward.





The trophey is awarded!







Chris Couch presenting winner Mary Ann Hayward with a gift from the Club.






Golf Canada's Liz Hoffman presenting Chris and Debbie Couch with a thank you gift to Whitevale Golf Club.







Ontario Director for the Canadian Golf Superintendents Association Jim Flett awards Whitevale Golf Club Superintendent Blair Rennie with plaque of congratulatiuons for his work leading up to and during the tournament.





Awards presentation ready to go.




No comments:

Post a Comment