The season is over for the Whitevale team in the SRC, the two-man team gross match play tournament. In total, there are 76 clubs from Michigan, New York State and Ontario competing in 19 four-club divisions. We competed against Rattle Snake Point, Mill Run and Oakville golf clubs this year. Each team was comprised of 6 Seniors and 2 Super Seniors (65+) at each event. Mill Run won our Division with 64 points, while Rattle Snake Point was second with 57, Whitevale had 54 and Oakville earned 17 points. Mill Run will qualify for a playoff or potentially directly into Championship Day at St. Catherines GC in September.
I wish to thank all our participants this season: Fred Calvert, Mike McGarragle, Bob Nebel, Declan Dunn, Dave Walker, Barry Catterall, Kevin Hughes, Dennis Matton, Bob Spahn, Doug McIntyre, Ron Bell, Al Swartz and John Trimble.
As a reminder, Qualifying for 2017 Team will be as follows:
· Between September 1 and 12, 2016, potential candidates will play 2 rounds at their schedule to establish their 2 qualifying scores.
· Blue tees will be used.
· Player must be at least 55 years of age on or before May 15, 2017.
· Players must play their qualifying rounds with fellow qualifying competitors.
· Players must inform the Pro Shop prior to teeing off that they are attempting to qualify, and return a signed card after the game.
· There will be a $10 fee (cash) for each qualifier each game, to off-set costs of game at WGC.
The Club wishes to field the best possible team and up to 16 competitors will be registered with SRC for the 2017 competition.
Senior Ryder Cup Captain – Walt Lemon